ANZSOG’s International Engagement team develop programs, partnerships and connections across the Asia-Pacific to educate, strengthen and progress the strategic interests of the public sectors in Australia and Aotearoa New Zealand.
What programs do we offer?
ANZSOG offers a range of inbound and outbound programs for international delegations offered on an annual basis. ANZSOG also offers customised international education programs in response to emerging needs of governments / jurisdictions.
ANZSOG’s inbound programs for international delegations are offered on an annual basis, including the China Advanced Leadership Program (CALP) and the India Advanced Leadership Program (IALP). ANZSOG also offers customised international education programs in response to emerging needs of governments/jurisdictions.
International participants learn about how Australia and Aotearoa-New Zealand government and public sector works in practice. They learn about sound practices in areas such as leadership and government, political and economic systems, and policy specific issues including health, education, environment, justice and agriculture. They also meet with senior officials with whom they can build working relationships with once the program is complete.
ANZSOG offers intensive immersive-style programs, where participants gain deep exposure to a country in the region through meetings with senior public officials. These education programs, usually one to two weeks in duration, feature lectures, site visits, cultural experiences and opportunities to discuss policy and program initiatives with international senior public officials. ANZSOG’s China Reciprocal Program (CRP) has been operational since 2013 and sees Australian and Aotearoa-New Zealand public sector executives travel to China to learn from public officials. Through ANZSOG’s outbound programs, participants learn about Australia and Aotearoa-New Zealand’s place in the world, perceptions of our countries and governments and issues of public diplomacy.
ANZSOG also offers customised international education programs in response to emerging needs of governments and jurisdictions. International participants learn about how Australia and Aotearoa New Zealand government and public sector works in practice. Past programs include:
- Singapore Civil Service College annual Future Service Leaders Program.
- Partnering with Malaysia’s Razak School of Government to deliver leadership programs / participation in ANZSOG’s Executive Fellows Program.
- Hosting the Chairman of Hanoi People’s Committee and his delegation of senior officials and investors from Vietnam.
- The Vietnam Study Mission in Governance and Public Sector Leadership.
Who are our participants?
- ANZSOG’s international programs are generally aimed at senior public sector executives at the deputy head of agency level or above from Australia, Aotearoa-New Zealand and international jurisdictions.
- ANZSOG can also develop customised programs for other levels of the public sector.
What are the benefits of our international programs?
- Increase global perspectives for the benefit of the individual and their wider organisation/jurisdiction.
- Participants learn about cultural differences, historical perspectives and international public administration and structures.
- Global networks are developed through meetings and interacting with domestic and international senior officials.
- Exposure to ANZSOG’s network of partner governments, universities and business schools, including a faculty of distinguished and expert presenters.
- Interactive programs enriched by peer-to-peer collaborative learning and counterpart exchanges .
- An enhanced capability to operate with international counterparts/jurisdictions.
- First-hand exposure to alternative models of public sector leadership and management, including how other governments are approaching similar challenges.
To enquire about ANZSOG’s International Engagement programs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org