Regulation and the Creation of Public Value: Exploring the Four Ps
20 May 2022
We are all in hot agreement that regulation is a key function of government that contributes to better citizen outcomes. What is not so well appreciated is how the multiple layers of regulatory activity work together to create public value. How, for example, does regulatory policy intersect with regulatory performance? What is the relationship between regulatory practice and the professionalisation of regulators? In the large and complex regulatory sandpit, how do we all play nicely together?
To launch the ACT Chapter of NRCoP, we invite you to join our distinguished panel as we explore the Four Ps (policy, performance, practice and professionalisation) and how they contribute to the creation of public value in Australian regulation today.
- Facilitator: Grant Pink (RECAP Consultants)
- Panelist 1: David Parker (Clean Energy Regulator)
- Panelist 2: Jacqueline Agius (Work Health and Safety Commissioner, ACT)
- Panelist 3: Derise Cubin (Access Canberra)
- Panelist 4:Rona Mellor (Australian National Audit Office)
- Panelist 5: Veronica L. Taylor (ANU)