1. What are the program fees?
The program fees are $15,000 AUD (excluding GST).
2. What does the program fee include?
The fee includes all program materials, teaching faculty and facilitation, learning management system access.
3. When do applications open?
Expressions of interest are now open for 2022. Express your interest here and we will contact you once registrations are open for the next iteration of Towards Strategic Leadership.
4. When do applications close?
Applications for 2021 are now closed.
5. How do I apply for the program?
Applications for 2021 are now closed. Express your interest here and we will contact you once registrations are open for the next iteration of Towards Strategic Leadership.
6. What is the cancellation policy?
Places for TSL are limited to ensure an engaging environment for participants, as such, places are hotly contested. However, once you have been accepted into the program, cancellation will only be considered in exceptional circumstances due to the difficulty of filling places at short notice.
7. When is the program being held?
The program will be held online via Zoom. Module details are below:
8. Who is the program for?
TSL is the ideal program for senior public sector professionals, such as Directors and Branch Managers, and more generally those who are in the process of moving from tactical to strategic leadership roles. The program is designed to help them perform their roles with purpose, good judgment, and strategic nous. TSL will provide a tangible boost in confidence and capabilities and prepare leaders to face senior executive responsibilities.
9. Can I speak with a previous TSL participant?
10. Do I need managerial approval to attend the program?
Yes. In submitting the application form, you confirm that your manager agrees to support you to participate in the program and that your organisation will pay the full program fee if your application is successful. Your manager will also receive a copy of your application via email.
11. When will I be invoiced?
Once you submit your application, it will be reviewed by the selection committee and you will be advised as soon as possible of the outcome. Once you have received formal acceptance into the program, your organisation will be invoiced.
12. Who teaches into the program?
Towards Strategic Leadership is co-led by Paul 't Hart, Professor Utrecht University and Netherlands School of Government and Robbie Macpherson, Managing Director, Adaptable Leadership.
13. How long is the program?
TSL is delivered online over 8 weeks. Sessions are usually 5-6 hours long and may occur outside of business hours (until 6pm or 7pm AEST).
14. How big is the cohort?
The program offers a maximum of 40 places each year. A selection committee will assess each applicant’s level and experience and, where possible, seek a balance of jurisdictions and departments.
15. What are the program (learning) outcomes?
TSL participants will explore thematic thrusts, that will be interwoven in the structure of the program and both the asynchronous and live activities, including:
16. Will I become part of the alumni community upon completion of the program?
Yes, you will. Our Alumni Program helps participants to maintain and build on their peer-to-peer relationships, creating a broad community of public sector managers from across Aotearoa-New Zealand, Australia and internationally. This provides an opportunity for ongoing learning and support from peers, greater exposure to different perspectives, and an appreciation of work done, and solutions found, elsewhere.
17. Can I use FEE-HELP to pay all or part of my tuition fees?No unfortunately you can't use FEE-HELP. A student may enter into a salary sacrifice arrangement with their employer to attend the program. The student's employer will be billed the program fee. This will be discussed on a case-by-case basis with the applicants sponsoring agency.